Seth is Here!
Last Wednesday September 15, we welcomed the third child into our family. I was due on Tuesday the 14th. So I had my 40 week appointment, first one I've ever had, and all was well. The mid wife stripped my membranes for a second time and said I was almost at 3 cm. good news! We set an induction date for Friday the 17th. I wasn't really happy about this but with Kate checking into bone marrow on the 22nd, we couldn't really wait any longer.
I made great plans to celebrate my due date with going out to eat with some friends. But then around 5pm, I started to have contractions pretty regularly. They weren't bad, but a little more uncomfortable than the regular Braxton Hicks I was having. I picked Martin up from work, had some dinner, and then went out for a walk. by 7pm, they were pretty regular, so I had to cancel going out to eat with friends. I was actually really sad about that! I kept walking, but then decided to lay down for a bit after the kids went to sleep. From 9-10pm, the contractions really died down and I slept for a little while. I was beginning to think this was more of the false labor.
Then at 10:30, Martin and I decided to start walking to see what would happen. If I wasn't going into labor then I wanted to head to bed. Luckily Liz is here and so she stayed at the house with Ryan and Kate, so Martin and I could walk. We walked to 7-11 and got a slurpee and snacks, then walked til about midnight. the contractions were picking up again. So we went home and Martin laid down for a bit.
I labored for a couple of hours and then woke Martin up at 2am to call the hospital. It was time to go. They checked me when we got there and I was at 5 cm. So we got in a room and they monitored the baby and then I was free to labor in the tub. I'm so glad I had the tub, it helped out so much. After a while the midwife checked me and I was still at a 5, so frustrating! I was beginning to think I would need some drugs if it was going to take this long. The contractions really started to kick in and the next time I was checked I was at a 9. Poor Martin, he was really supportive even though I wasn't being very kind to him. I kept asking for drugs, but it was too late for that now. Just a little while later, Seth was born. Martin's mom was also there for the birth, we're glad she could come. It was quite an experience. I absolutley loved my midwife Lindsey. She was so great! I was so glad she was the one on call that night. Seth weighed in at 8 lbs 3 oz and 20 inch long.
I am so glad it's over and we are loving having a new baby in our family. The kids are constantly fighting over who gets to rock or burp Seth. They are quite the helpers! He is a good baby, good eater and sleeper. So grateful for this, it will help me to keep my sanity amongst all the other things going on.










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home