Carnival work and play
This weekend there was a big celebration in Olathe called "Old Settlers." My roommate from college was there because her family owns a carnival that comes through and stops for the celebration. Every year I get the privilege of spending the weekend with Laney and the Flattery family selling food, riding the rides, and sampling all the yummy corn dogs, nachos, and caramel apples. They make their own corn dogs, and they're amazing! I get my fill in 3 days for the whole year. It's great! Martin is definitely a fan of the nachos with lots of jalapenos. I worked Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights, and Martin, Ryan, and I went up Saturday morning. We had ribs and corn on the cob for really cheap! Yummy carnival food! Ryan was 1 inch too small for most of the rides, but we rode the carousel and the large ferris wheel together. I was really sad that because I am pregnant, I wasn't able to ride any of the really daring rides. There's always next year. Here's some pics from the festivities.

Here's Laney and I hard at work in the corn dog and nachos wagon!

This is Laney's mom and brother, Vicki and Tim, making and selling cotton candy and caramel apples in their other food wagon.

Martin and Ryan on the carousel. Ryan was a little in awe as he rode.

Martin and Ryan on the ferris wheel. I think I was more nervous about the height than Ryan was. We had a great weekend and are so glad to know the Flattery family!

Here's Laney and I hard at work in the corn dog and nachos wagon!

This is Laney's mom and brother, Vicki and Tim, making and selling cotton candy and caramel apples in their other food wagon.

Martin and Ryan on the carousel. Ryan was a little in awe as he rode.

Martin and Ryan on the ferris wheel. I think I was more nervous about the height than Ryan was. We had a great weekend and are so glad to know the Flattery family!




1 Comments:
That sounds like so much fun! Ryan's face is precious on the carousel. When I was about 16 weeks pregnant we went to Disney World and I rode all the daring rides....I just couldn't resist. I just pretended I didn't see all those signs about pregnant women! I had a great time, but it was totally stupid!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home