Big Boy Bed!
Last night was Ryan's first night in a twin bed. The past few weeks he's been loving to read books and play in the bed, so we decided it was time to ditch the crib. But I guess sleeping in the bed is a very different story. We decided to not lock him in the room and Martin just kept returning Ryan to the bed each time he came out of the room. After an hour, he stayed, we were amazed. Then as Martin and I were going to bed, we went in Ryan's room to see if he was on the floor or bed, and he awoke. Martin continued trying to put him back in his bed for a while. I woke up this morning to find that I was alone and Martin had slept in Ryan's bed. Oh well. Hopefully each day will get better!




2 Comments:
I wish you all the best of luck with that. We are going to transition Adelaide after the holidays. We had some friends that just shut the door on their little girl and after one time of sleeping on the floor right behind the door she decided the bed would be more comfortable. They haven't had a problem since...but it can seem so harsh....
We didn't shut the door, but we did put a baby gate across it. That way they can stand at the gate and shake it while screaming at you to wake up. It worked...then she learned how to climb. We are about 80% successful at the moment...WITH THE 4 YEAR OLD. Good luck.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home