The Tradition Continues!!!
Several weeks ago when I was watching Ryan, I had the bright idea to make a fort out of the couch cushions. Since we only have two cushions, we had to improvise on how we could make it into a big enough fort to fit into. With the use of several kitchen chairs and a few blankets we had success. Today while I was at work Ryan kept saying "Fort Fort" and grabbing the blankets we have folded under the end table and dragging them around. Mari had no idea what he was talking about. She did not realize that he wanted to make a fort until I came home from work and was playing with him and we realized what he was saying. We constructed the best fort ever and had a blast playing in it.

Ryan was a little scared about how dark it was in there so we pulled out a battery powered lantern that we keep in our 72 hour kit to light his way. He also had to make sure that Thomas and Percy (his favorite engines) were in there with him to keep him company. He loved it.

Normally he does not let me come into the fort, but this time he was persistent and wanted me to join him. I had a tough time squeezing through the chairs to get to the main chamber, but I finally made it with a little help of Ryan pulling me towards him. We squeezed in there and Mari took a picture of us.

I remember making forts out of all the couch cushions when I was a kid. The couches we had, had a million cushions so it made for awesome forts. We would use encyclopedias to hold up the blankets. I am not too sure if mom enjoyed us thrashing the living room, but I am sure she didn't mind since it would keep me occupied for several hours. We just had to make sure that all the cushions were back before dad came home from work.
So the tradition continues!

Ryan was a little scared about how dark it was in there so we pulled out a battery powered lantern that we keep in our 72 hour kit to light his way. He also had to make sure that Thomas and Percy (his favorite engines) were in there with him to keep him company. He loved it.

Normally he does not let me come into the fort, but this time he was persistent and wanted me to join him. I had a tough time squeezing through the chairs to get to the main chamber, but I finally made it with a little help of Ryan pulling me towards him. We squeezed in there and Mari took a picture of us.

I remember making forts out of all the couch cushions when I was a kid. The couches we had, had a million cushions so it made for awesome forts. We would use encyclopedias to hold up the blankets. I am not too sure if mom enjoyed us thrashing the living room, but I am sure she didn't mind since it would keep me occupied for several hours. We just had to make sure that all the cushions were back before dad came home from work.
So the tradition continues!




2 Comments:
Mom is so tidy and organized, you would've thought the forts would drive her crazy. I once asked Mom about the forts and she said that she didn't mind because we always cleaned up after ourselves. I'm sure she also didn't mind the hours of peaceful getting along. Such fun times!
Isn't it so fun to see our kids doing the same things we did as kids? It takes me back to simpler days....
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home