Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I Love Reading!

Over the past year I have really grown to love reading books. Before last year, the last book I remember reading was probably "How To Eat Fried Worms" in grade school. I sort of skimmed books in high school, but now I've finally figured out how much books have to offer. So I'd like to share my favorite 3 books or series, in no particular order, of the last year. Keep in mind, my repetoire is not that large.

1. Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
I don't think these are the most amazing literary works, but these books are what got me into reading. A friend recommended them to me a year ago and after finishing them in about 2 weeks, I was immediately looking for the next great find. I enjoyed all of the first 3 in the series, but my favorite was from the end of the 2nd book through the 3rd. So thanks to Melissa Evans for turning me on to reading!


2. The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
I loved this book. I'm definitely a fan of a little tradegy when it comes to reading. It was great to see how one decision you make can affect so many other peoples lives. I had a hard time putting this book down. This book was very honest and genuine.


3. Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
This book was so amazing. I am a lover of wildlife of animals. I thought Chris McCandless was such an intriguing person. He wanted to live off the land and have a simple, happy life. In the end though, he realized that you can only have true happiness when you have others to share it with. I would definitely recommend this book! It left me thinking and wondering.

I'm always looking for new book suggestions. Anyone have a favorite they want to share?

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I noticed a few songs from the Twilight soundtrack on your blog playlist....do you have the cd? I bought it right before the movie came out and listen to it all the time! My 3 favorites are the ones you have on your playlist...and my very favorite is Supermassive Black Hole.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

I must admit, those books did the same thing for me. People used to always talk about what book they were reading, and I always thought they were crazy for having the time to read. But it's just what you spend your time doing. I totally read those books in 2 weeks also, and loved the story line. Now I"m the same way. I want to keep up the reading. I love how it used a part of my brain that had been dead for so long. :) We should hang out soon. I'll see ya at your ward party! :) I'm sneaking in!!! I miss everybody, and so do my poor kids. :( It's ok though.

3:03 AM  
Blogger Cardalls said...

You should check out www.goodreads.com . You can keep track of what you've read, what you want to read, and see what your friends are reading or recommend. It is a great place to go and get ideas, especially if you find friends on there that you know have the same taste in books as you.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home