Sunday, September 23, 2007

Good books

This past week, I was encouraged to read a series of books that started coming out a few years ago. They are by Stephenie Meyer, and titled "Twilight", "New Moon", and "Eclipse". The next one in the series will be coming out next year and I'm not sure if there are anymore following. I am not usually an enthusiastic reader, but I finished the first two books in only five days. I am anxiously awaiting starting the third. I have been borrowing them from friends, but Martin has offered to buy them for me tomorrow as an early birthday present. I will admit that they are more of a young adult novel, and the subject matter is a little out of the ordinary, but I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for an easy, enjoyable read. If anyone has any good book suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

My mom has great books by a christian author, Dee Henderson at her house. There are a couple of series; The O'Malley Series (6or7 books) and the Uncommon Heroes Series (4or5 books). They are easy reading and I enjoyed them more than once. I also really liked "The Josehpine Bonaparte Collection" by Sandra Gulland. It is a 3 book series about the wife of Napoleaon Bonaparte. Another great book is "The Other Boleyn Girl" by Philippa Gregory. That one is about Anne Boleyn and her sister and King Henry VIII. A LDS series I really liked was "The Children of the Promise" which is set in WW2. You may have read them already, though. I have all of these books, so if can borrow any while you are here over Thanksgiving! Anyway, just a few suggestions!

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home