Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weekend Parenting


This last Thursday through Saturday, Martin and I watched his sister's three children while she was away at a wedding. The kids are ages 12, 8, and 2 1/2. We quickly learned the trials of what having 5 children would be like. It's amazing how long it takes just to leave the house to go somewhere. The kids were really well behaved and helpful, but by the end of the day we were just ready to go to sleep. Part of the time I felt like I was just surviving. I hope that as we add more children to our family, we can adjust and thrive. Poor Kate, mostly sat around all day while we met the other kids needs. Thank goodness that she is a pretty content baby. We had a great time swiming and going to the park. Ryan loved helping Tristan build things out of the legos, Alicia spent lots of time singing and dancing, and Addi walked around calling uncle Martin "Daddy". All in all it was a fun weekend!


3 Comments:

Blogger Cardalls said...

I'm glad to hear you survived. I often wonder how my Mom did it with 5 over the same age span that you watched (I was 11.5 years old when Wes was born). I guess when you add one at a time it is more manageable, or you notice the chaos less.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

That sounds crazy, but so much fun! Good for you for helpng your sister out. I've always wanted a ton of kids, until I topped off with 3. For now, my hands are full, but we'll see........I love reading you blog. Blogging is so much fun.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thanks again for taking care of my kids...they really enjoyed themselves. You guys are so awesome and I am totally indebted to you!

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home