Emergency Preparedness Fair
On Saturday, our stake at church put on the 1st Annual Emergency Preparedness Fair. They had a few classes, tons of booths about getting prepared for disasters, saving money, storing water, 72 hour kits, and many more. They also had a Child Identification Program set up where we could get the kids fingerprints done, pictures taken, and a video of them answering some basic questions. Even though the i.d. part took a while, it was totally worth it. I feel better knowing that I have all of Ryan and Kate's info recorded and current pictures taken of them that I can keep with me in my wallet.
There was a gardening booth also. Did you know that you can grow watermelon in a container? They gave us handouts with all the plants that can grow in a container garden. This is perfect for us, since we only have a back porch. I am already getting excited about next Spring!
I also received a handout from someone that has a blog completely dedicated to using your food storage and other helpful tips. There are loads of recipes and also other great links to go to. I recommend checking it out, here it is: http://www.everydayfoodstorage.blogspot.com/
I went to the "Food Storage Deals" link on that site and then went to the samples and to the sample grocery deals page. Even though I wouldn't use this because we don't have these stores, it gives a list of the shelf life of a lot of different foods in your pantry and in the freezer. I'm always asking myself how long something will stay good. I think this is great info!
There was also a fire truck there with members of the Olathe Fire Department. Ryan really enjoyed this!
There was a gardening booth also. Did you know that you can grow watermelon in a container? They gave us handouts with all the plants that can grow in a container garden. This is perfect for us, since we only have a back porch. I am already getting excited about next Spring!
I also received a handout from someone that has a blog completely dedicated to using your food storage and other helpful tips. There are loads of recipes and also other great links to go to. I recommend checking it out, here it is: http://www.everydayfoodstorage.blogspot.com/
I went to the "Food Storage Deals" link on that site and then went to the samples and to the sample grocery deals page. Even though I wouldn't use this because we don't have these stores, it gives a list of the shelf life of a lot of different foods in your pantry and in the freezer. I'm always asking myself how long something will stay good. I think this is great info!
There was also a fire truck there with members of the Olathe Fire Department. Ryan really enjoyed this!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home