Book club Meeting

Last Thursday I went to the first meeting of a new book group that we just formed. We discussed the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer. We had a great time, with just the girls talking about a fun, interesting series of books. It lasted almost 4 hours and we were pretty exhausted by the end. A couple of the girls put together 3 CD's with music that went right along with the books. They're great! If there's anyone who hasn't checked out these books yet, I'd still highly recommend them. Even Martin is getting curious enough to read them. The next book we are reading is "The Count of Monte Cristo". I've started and am pretty excited about reading something different.




1 Comments:
"The Count of Monte Cristo" is one of my all-time favorite books. Are you reading the abridged or unabridged version? (The long version is 1,000+ pages, but I would recommend it - if I'm spending money on a book, I like to get my money's worth.) If you like this book, then I would also recommend "Les Miserables." Another one of my all-time favorites (which also comes abridged or unabridged - can you tell I like long books?)! I have them both, if you want to borrow them (long versions only).
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home