Thursday, October 09, 2008

Nauvoo Trip

A few weeks ago we went to Nauvoo for two days. We stayed in a real log cabin. We had a blast going on an oxen ride, carriage ride, and lots of the small shops and to the visitor's center. Martin and I were each able to go to the temple also. Even though the 5 hour drive and long days without a nap were a little hard on the kids, we had a great time and plan to do it at least once a year!

In front of our cabin.

Inside the cabin

Ryan on the bottom bunk bed

Inside the blacksmith shop. They made us a horseshoe and we all got prairie diamond rings.

The oxen ride



Ryan passed out on the carriage ride on Saturday afternoon. This was at the end of our trip, so we just put him in the car and he slept for the first two hours of the drive. Looks like he still needs a nap everyday, thank goodness.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Hi guys! We stayed at the same cabins. It was so fun!! Looks like you guys had a blast!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

That looks like so much fun! I love your little cabin! What a fun tradition to start. I'm wishing Addi still needed to take naps. She takes "quiet time" everyday, but she hasn't taken an actual nap for over a week. i'm so sad!!!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

How fun! I'd love to know the details of those cabins. We've been talking about making a Nauvoo trip. I just got the book from the library. So I'll start reading it, and anyone else can borrow it when I get done. :)How's potty training going?

12:29 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

You and a million others went to Nauvoo! I wished we went! I've never been to Nauvoo. We definitely need to set a date to go. It looks like so much fun, and such a spiritually uplifting family trip. :)

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home