Tuesday, May 12, 2009

crafts and fun

I'm always looking in toddler and preschool activity books for ideas to keep Ryan busy. Each day during Kate's morning nap, we do an activity together. It's a lot of fun! It's nice to spend that time one on one with Ryan.


The other day we had fun with shaving cream. I just pulled out a sheet of foil and then sprayed it with shaving cream and let Ryan go wild. It's a great way to draw and then just erase. We're working on drawing shapes and letters, so this is a perfect way.

We painted with pudding a few days ago. I made some chocolate pudding and we pulled out some paper and finger painted. Ryan also used a paint brush. It was great because it was a fun activity and a snack all in one. Next time I think we'll use multiple kinds for different colors.

We played basketball with rolled up socks and a trash basket. It was hard for Ryan at first, but little by little we moved the basket back and he got the hang of it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

Ooo, good ideas.

I was just yesterday trying to think of something I could use to practice letters with Ben. We used to use cornmeal, but I'm out. Shaving cream is a great idea, though. Ben would have a ball!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Looks like fun!!! Anything messy has to be super fun! ;) That's awesome you take advantage of that time together.

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home