I did it!
This is after the race, no before pictures taken, I thought I was going to vomit beforehand.Yesterday I ran my first race. I ran a 10K at the Hospital Hill Run here in Kansas City. I've been training for a few months, so I felt ready. That morning we all got up at 5:30 and left the house at 6:00am. The kids were so great! They were so patient and had fun hanging out with Martin and watching all the runners.
I was really nervous, but decided that there was no rush and I just wanted to run the whole time and get in under 70 minutes. I started slow and actually had a bad side cramp, but at about mile 3 I started to feel pretty good. I trained quite a bit with hills on the treadmill and around town, so the hills actually weren't too bad. By mile 5, I was feeling really good and I picked up the pace quite a bit. Coming down to the finish line I saw Martin and the kids, it was so nice to have some support. I was pleasantly surprised to see the clock when I came in. I just checked my official time online, and I ran it in 59 minutes, 52 seconds! Yeah for me! There's something really satisfying about setting a goal and reaching it. I think I am officially a beginning runner. I hope to continue to run for the rest of my life.






5 Comments:
Yay!!! Go you!!!! I'm so proud of you. I wish I could have been there; I thought about you several times throughout the morning wondering how you had done. Good job!
I love your picture. I look so happy and satisfied and pleased. You deserve it!
After hearing all the reports, I'm starting to think I might want to do this next year. Maybe I'll give running a go again after I've lost some weight so it won't be AS hard on my knees. Should we run the half together next year?
yaaahooo! You crazy lady, I still can't believe you came to the late night movies with us the SAME day as your first race. That's why we love ya, you're nuts! How you had enough energy to do that, I will never know. Congrats! We sure loved your company though. You're so cute!
HUGE HIGH FIVE FOR YOU!!! YEAH!!! That is awesome! I am jealous that I was not able to run with you! :( Next year though. :)
Way to go! That is awesome!
How did I have no idea that you were doing this?!
Way to go girl! I am so proud of you. What a great accomplishment.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home