Trip to Nashville
Last week we decided to drive to Nashville to visit Martin's sister and family. Martin got a few surprise days off of work, so we hopped in the car. It only cost us $40 to drive each way, so grateful that gas is cheap! We had a great time visiting with everyone. The weather was nice and so we were able to spend some time outside. We even went to the park. It was great to be able to do that in December. The kids had a lot of fun playing together. Katie and I went and saw a movie one night. On New Year's Eve, we played some games and did some small firecrackers with streamers.
I made one New Year's Resolution. I GAVE UP SUGAR! I just feel like it's time to move on from it. It's been a really hard thing for me to control in the past. I usually don't know when to say when on sugar. So I think it's time to be done. It actually hasn't been too bad so far. I did have a little apple crisp that I made with whole wheat flour and half the amount of sugar called for, but it's been going good. I feel better and have already noticed a difference in how my clothes fit. We'll see if I can keep going.
We ate lots of yummy food at the Lonergan's. They also watched our kids so we could go to the temple. What more could we ask for. I'm always amazed at how much better I feel after going to the temple. We're so glad we went for a visit. Thanks to the Lonergan's!





1 Comments:
I have a friend who gives up sugar for a month at a time on a regular basis. I'm impressed with your self control!!! We are so glad you guys came to visit. We had a really good time, too. Hope you're staying warm! It's freezing here!!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home